The Mercator Group is a group of global recruitment and consultancy companies covering the IT and Aviation sectors with divisions in the UK, Europe, North America and Asia. We require an Accounts Manager to join our team in Crowborough, East Sussex, although the work will be performed on a remote basis until such time as the government advises businesses to return to office-based working.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable knowledge of:
- Sage 50 Cloud Accounts Professional
- Invoice discounting or factoring
- Multi-currency, multi-company accounting
- All MS Office products, including Teams and OneDrive/SharePoint
We are looking for a forward thinking candidate with excellent communication skills since the successful applicant will need to maintain good working relationships with both clients and staff and will help to grow/shape the accounts team.
The Accounts Manager will be responsible for:
- Payments (including payroll)
- Management accounts
- Forecasting and cash flows
- Bank reconciliations
- Liaising with the finance company, accountant, internal staff and directors
- VAT returns
- Sales invoicing and credit control
- Journals & accruals
- Looking after all aspects of the purchase, sales and nominal ledgers
- Updating of various spreadsheets & working with our own internal timesheet portal
- Ensuring timesheets, invoices and payments are processed within strict deadlines
- Meeting strict deadlines for client reports
The successful candidate will be required to pass Baseline Personnel Security Standard level vetting which will include a Basic DBS check and referencing.